Rancho Santa Fe, CA
o Show experience a must
o FEI level A - huge plus
o References will be required and checked
• Experience and knowledge of caring for equines is preferred
• Knowledge of safe work practices around horses
• Experience in monitoring animal appearance/behavior and communicating any necessary information to superiors
• Travel required for more than 20 weeks during the year
• Must be 18 years or older
• Clear background check and proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
• Strong communication skills
• Work effectively with minimal supervision; self-starter and self-motivated
• Physical requirements
o Ability to work outdoors, on uneven, slippery terrain in varying weather conditions with dust and allergens
o Ability to twist, bend, kneel, climb and use hand tools as necessary
o Ability to lift 75 lbs.
• Strong commitment to teamwork
• Ability to adhere to the organization's policies, procedures and regulations
Pomponio Ranch, LLC (PR) operates ranching and equestrian businesses out of two locations. Pomponio Ranch South operates an equestrian facility in Rancho Santa Fe, CA, at which it trains horses and riders for elite international horse show jumping competition. Karl Cook and Eric Navet are the two primary elite riders for Pomponio Ranch. The facility also accommodates third party horse boarders who keep and train their horses on-site.
The Groom position is based at the 22-acre facility in Rancho Santa Fe, CA. The facility accommodates up to 44 horses: 24 in the main barn and up to 20 in annex stalls. For riding and care of the horses, the facility houses a riding arena, large grass field, paddocks, horse treadmills, and an equine spa. In addition, there are third-party boarders as well as offices, laundry and common use areas in the barn. We are offering a great opportunity in a beautiful setting with room to grow, competitive compensation and a wonderful team.
To be considered for this position, you must have prior experience. Please forward your resume to email: [email protected] OR you can request an application be emailed to you.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Feed the horses and giving them water according to a specific schedule
- Tacking horses up for riders
- Maintain a clean working environment by ensuring:
- All shelves/trunks/drawers are wiped down throughout the day
- Aisles remain free of shavings/ clutter
- Horses are groomed to team standard
- Stalls are kept clean throughout the day (shavings dry and free of feces)
- Water buckets are clean
- Laundry is done - including cleaning boots/wraps.
- Cleaning/wiping down tack daily
- Horse Therapy responsibilities as instructed by managers and prescribed by the Dr. as follows:
- Massage horses,
- Stretch some horses, and/or
- Use therapeutic machines on horses.
- Other Groom Responsibilities:
- Packing hooves
- Turn out
- Hand Walking and lunging the horses
- Equine Spa
- Setup and Breakdown at shows
- Placing studs/removing
- Ice legs (when the horse does not go into the spa)
- Wrapping legs