San Gregorio, CA
• Knowledge of safe work practices around horses and other livestock
• Experience in monitoring animal appearance/behavior and communicating any necessary information to superiors
• Must have proof of authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older and drug-free
• Clear background check
• Strong communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Work effectively with minimal supervision
• Safely operate ATV
• Strong commitment to teamwork
• Work effectively with minimal supervision, self-motivated and self-starter
• Ability to adhere to the organization's policies, procedures and regulations
• Ability to adapt to things changing throughout the day
Scenic ranch in San Gregorio, Ca., working alongside a wonderful team, with competitive pay. Catch Your Attention??
Pomponio Ranch is a horse and cattle ranch located between San Gregorio and Pescadero. We apply holistic grazing practices, serving as an example of modern and environmentally-conscious ranching in California and we are immensely proud of our accomplishments thus far. In addition to creating a top-notch ranch, we’ve built successful operations in horse breeding and have a burgeoning meat business. We are offering a great opportunity in a beautiful setting with room to grow with us. We’re currently looking for a Ranch Hand/Admin and offering a competitive compensation package.
To be considered for this position, please forward your resume to email: [email protected] OR you can request an application be emailed to you.
WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER CANDIDATES W/ RELEVANT EXPERIENCE.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ranch hand duties:
- Assist in administering medications, vaccinations, or insecticides on livestock as appropriate
- Clean & maintain animal housing areas
- Move sheep and cattle
- Other miscellaneous activities to assist Ranch manager with cattle and sheep operation as needed
- Administrative duties:
- Manage database of livestock on the ranch, e.g. maintaining spreadsheets with critical information for each animal.
- Clerical work, e.g. filing, organize mail, answer phone calls, etc.
- Manage minimal finance activities, e.g. invoices, billings, etc.
- General ranch office work
- At least 1-2 years of experience and knowledge working on a ranch.
- Knowledge of safe work practices around horses and other livestock
- Experience in monitoring animal appearance/behavior and communicating any necessary information to superiors
- Must have proof of authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older and drug-free
- Clear background check
- Strong communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Work effectively with minimal supervision
- Safely operate ATV
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Work effectively with minimal supervision, self-motivated and self-starter
- Ability to adhere to the organization's policies, procedures, and regulations
- Ability to adapt to things changing throughout the day